Ravens and coffee pattern for mazz!!
this is literally the best thing i have ever seen
I WAS TAGGED BY SHANNON <33
Rules: In a text post list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard - they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see…
- the bell jar - sylvia plath - i read it on a train home from i think julia’s house and i just remember staring at it and wondering how plath wrote everything so correctly; i think i read it in one extended sitting.
- a wizard of earthsea - ursula le guin - in 4th grade we read this book aloud and i remember being utterly obsessed with it. we made these dragons out of posterboard and tissue paper and i remember mine being green and totally badass. i think i reread this book at least once every year until i was well into high school.
- redwall - brian jacques - once i wrote 15k words of redwall fanfiction and turned it in for extra credit in 5th grade. i wish i was joking.
- the hours - michael cunningham - i’ve been raving about this so much recently that it’s small wonder it showed up here, ps read this book.
- the entire animorphs series - ka applegate - i reread this recently but i was so obsessed with this series as a child that i would literally make andalites and tigers out of legos.
- the brief wondrous life of oscar wao - junot diaz - i don’t remember a lot about this book but i vividly remember the characters and the way it was told in a way that i don’t remember any other book.
- organic chemistry 6th edition - wade - avert your eyes, don’t look at me.
- crush - richard siken - i think this is one that i’ve picked up in osmosis just for being in fandom for such an extended period of time. i’ve probably read this book at least ten times just from the quotes i see everywhere. not complaining though.
- the shipping news - annie proulx - this is the first book i have ever knowingly pilfered a particular writing style from. plus it’s a wonderful book.
- a moveable feast - ernest hemingway - it was a toss up between this and garden of eden (which may or may not represent hemingway’s intentions) but i went for the book where f. scott fitzgerald literally asked hemingway to accompany him to a museum so he could figure out whether or not his dick was too small by looking at the naked statues.
I’M TAGGING… radialarch, goodgrim, joolabee, cypress-tree, skarabrillig, meggannn, detectivelyd, horologists, agueoftheskeleton (why can’t i put an @ in front of your name??), irisbleufic, and everyone else who wants to do this!!!
"Every day I discover more and more beautiful things. It’s enough to drive one mad. I have such a desire to do everything, my head is bursting with it."
— Claude Monet
I really enjoyed the podcasts you recommended and was wondering if you could please recommend some more? Any topics would be fine. Thank you!
HI WOW YES I HAVEN’T PAID PROPER ATTENTION TO MY TUMBLR IN A WHILE PLEASE FORGIVE THE LATE REPLY ;____;
podcasts!!! i’m so glad you liked my previous recs! :D and for those of you who are wondering where you can find these recs, they are here
as for other recs—most of the other podcasts i listen to are things i 100% enjoy but they don’t strike me in the same way that the previous recs do, for whatever reason. so here’s a more comprehensive list of stuff i’m subscribed to and have gone through a pretty big backlog of. about half of these i found from rageprufrock’s recs lol.
i’m gonna throw this under a read more because it got really long
i’ll kick anyone’s ass. i’ll kick your ass. i’ll kick your dog’s ass. i’ll kick my own ass
but in /post/76351113473 WHICH BIRD are you #vital questions
I’M THE ONE PUNCHING THE OTHER BIRD IN THE FACE
I’M ALWAYS THE ONE PUNCHING OTHER BIRDS IN THE FACE